Grasshopper's Ride - Adventures of a mild mannered, middle-aged bookkeeper on a motorcycle!

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Sorry I have the memory of a gold fish but in my defence i'd had a few that night when i commented on that photo  :classic_laugh:

Oh, so the sweet comments only come after a few beverages.....I get it. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi   My name is Michelle (aka: The Grasshopper) 🦗😎 Welcome to Grasshopper's Ride, the adventures of a mild mannered, middle-aged bookkeeper on a motorcycle. Highlighting the beautiful ☀️ Sunsh

After a small journey from home through the familiar and beautiful forests 🌲 of the 🌞 Sunshine Coast, we find ourselves at a lovely lookout. A great place to stop the bikes and look about. We spend so

As we begin our adventure there is a sign located at the bottom of the gravel road that reads, "If you get lost today, will anybody know?" 😳 A small reminder that we are entering the backcountry and y

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Have you thought about a more aggresive front tyre ?  it would help you steer better on that sort of terrain.  That was a classic front-end washout.

Funny that you say that, I actually thought awhile ago to get some new tires.  So I have two new tires sitting in my work room all ready to go.  Then I started playing the stubborn game of  "well you know, these old tires have a bit more life still, let's leave them on for a bit longer".... :classic_laugh:

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

I don't understand how that happened.....what caused it?

Don’t worry about it, it’s rain and dirt combined

• Haha 3
Just now, Pedro said:

Don’t worry about it, it’s rain and dirt combined

Nothing I need to worry about then! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3
5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I don't understand how that happened.....what caused it?

It was strange, not a hard road, but the dirt turns into a funny mush as the soil defrosts from the winter.  I saw a soft spot, went to miss it, my front tire bounced a bit and my throttle hand got nudged and I turned my hand and the back tire caught the muck and spun around.

Also, I was worried about the hard road coming up and was looking too close in front of me and not down the road....classic sleepy space out :littleguy:

• Like 3

It's a classic ' front end washout ' where you have no ' side knobs ' on the tyre to give that direction and stability in loose stuff.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

you have no ' side knobs ' 

Damn, I need to work on those....they come with old age right?  :littleguy:   I do know some knobs, does that count? :classic_laugh:

• Haha 4

I’m with Boboneleg on this, those tyres aren’t up to much. I also still have the stock tyres on the bike and a better set waiting to go on. Not done for the same reasons as you but they’ll be going on now, thanks for the warning 😂

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

It was strange, not a hard road, but the dirt turns into a funny mush as the soil defrosts from the winter.  I saw a soft spot, went to miss it, my front tire bounced a bit and my throttle hand got nudged and I turned my hand and the back tire caught the muck and spun around.

Thats how i got my Spazz in Jan of 07. 👨‍🦽

• Like 2
On 04/04/2021 at 18:05, Tym said:

Thats how i got my Spazz in Jan of 07. 👨‍🦽

No it wasn't. You went for the 1 foot novice jump and saw your arse. Literally.  Prickles here handled that one quite nicely for an impromptu dismount. Quite agile. I'm impressed. Your dismount was less than elegant and involved one helluva thud, some crackle and pops, then lots of crawling and dragging of body in the mud. I have a dog like that. He's thicker than pigshit too. :littleguy:

• Haha 2