Jump to content

Your Day Today!


Recommended Posts

We have white-out.

A couple of days ago I was in shorts and a shirt - now I'd need to wrap up like Ernest Shackleton.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Found some train stuff today for Pete, needed to give my GTR a run down the HighWay after being ignored all summer.  Battle of the Red Heads. Pick you favorite shade of red!   Cant

My day today,  ( i nearly put this in ride reports but thought Pete would have a stroke if I put in a "float" report...) so this was my "ride" for the day.   couldn't see much out on the can

Happy Autumn Everyone! 🍂🙂  My favourite season for sure, but this summer was amazing. I think this photo sums it up perfectly. I’ve fallen in love with motorcycles all over again, been to some beautif

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

We have white-out.

A couple of days ago I was in shorts and a shirt - now I'd need to wrap up like Ernest Shackleton.

Snowing?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

Nope - my coke dealer just arrived

I should have learned by now not to ask Mawsley a question! 

George Costanza Wow GIF by hero0fwar

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I drove home from work in a blizzard, 10 mins later it was bright sunshine.  Typical UK weather really :littleguy:

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just gave it a clean up......Bugs on my Beak situation!

20210407_154034-min.jpg.671392e7ddf28626f273d3175f011b80.jpg

I love this bike! 

If you're expecting another switch in the near future......I can't see it happening!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Just gave it a clean up......Bugs on my Beak situation!

20210407_154034-min.jpg.671392e7ddf28626f273d3175f011b80.jpg

I love this bike! 

If you're expecting another switch in the near future......I can't see it happening!

Missis has locked your cheque book and debit card away?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Missis has locked your cheque book and debit card away?

I'm not allowed cards and cheque book Yen......apparently I'm too reckless with money! :classic_sad:

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I'm not allowed cards and cheque book Yen......apparently I'm too reckless with money! :classic_sad:

How do you get all that polish and bike wash?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

How do you get all that polish and bike wash?

Sells images of his ginger pubes on the dark net :littleguy:

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yen_powell said:

How do you get all that polish and bike wash?

e-Bay under the radar with cash I hold back in Paypal. :classic_laugh:

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XTreme said:

e-Bay under the radar with cash I hold back in Paypal. :classic_laugh:

Got to love a sneaky paypal account, £850 in mine at the moment.................  Now what shall I buy 🤔

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Got to love a sneaky paypal account, £850 in mine at the moment.................  Now what shall I buy 🤔

How much to keep quiet.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Hmm tell me more about this sneaky paypal account thing?

Are you asking for yourself or are you hoping to catch your feller out :classic_laugh:

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Got to love a sneaky paypal account, £850 in mine at the moment.................  Now what shall I buy 🤔

Open face Arai. :wave:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My day today.

Today I had a little talk with a guy from Homeland Security. After a fiasco at work I was running late but still managed to ignore the GPS when it tried to send me the wrong way. Pulled up to the gate and my IQ dropped about 50 points. Directions said to press the button and await instructions. I pushed the button and nothing happened. Pushed it again. Then saw the big arrow pointing to the button as I had been pushing the camera lens. Alrighty then. 

Followed directions to the parking sopt, then called the number to say I was there. They called back, asked if I was in the lot, was I alone, told me the door to come to. Alrighty then. Walked to the door. I couldn't open the door and couldn't find the button to ring in. I walked to another door. Not the same office. Went back. Pulled on the door again. Nothing. Looked for a button. Nothing. Pulled again, harder this time. Door opened with a bang. Found the button for the next door. Walked in. The guy looked at me like I was an idiot because it had taken so long I'm sure. During the interview he asked what countries I had visited in the last five years - he had a list from when i had filled out a form earlier. I completely blanked, could not remember one place I had gone to.

Well how about the Czech Republic? "Oh, yeah, right. And, um... Germany? And, um... geez I'm blanking..."

The UK? "Yeah! Scotland! And, um......"

Iceland? "Yeah! Iceland!"

When they took my fingerprints my hands were shaking. 

He asked if I had ever been arrested. "Nope!"

You've never been arrested? Ever? In your entire life?

"No! Never! Not yet anyway"  WTF? He seemed pretty shocked I had never been arrested. 

Anyway, I finished the interview and he told me how to get out of the facility. It's right on the Canadian border. Lots of lanes and signs saying things like "No Re-entry to the United States". I followed the directions and got to yet another guardhouse. It's set up for trucks so even though I was in a Jeep she was still a lot higher up than I was. So she's looking down at me asking all these questions, then tells me "When you leave you'll see a bunch of cones. Go to the left of those and turn right, you'll be right on the freeway"

Ok, so there are a bunch of trucksto my left, lined up waiting to cross the border. I pulled forward and promptly kept the cones to my left. Then turned right. And found myself facing the facility to x-ray trucks. God damn it. Harder right was the only other choice, and it led back to the building I had just left. 

I drive around the building again and ended up at the guard tower again. Yeah... she looked at me like I was an idiot. "You didn't go left, did you?"  Ah.. no, I kept to cones to my left. She just shook her head and gave me a thumbs up so I drove away and went to the left of the cones, convinced I was going to end up talking to a Canadian border guard.

But I didn't. I got home ok. So now Homeland security has my prints and probably a note in my file saying I should not be allowed to go anywhere without a guide... Actually the interview was to qualify for a Global Re-entry pass which is supposed to speed up entry into the USA when traveling from abroad. I'm pretty sure they ok'd me thinking there's no way in hell I'll find my way back if I leave anyway. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DesmoDog said:

My day today.

Today I had a little talk with a guy from Homeland Security. After a fiasco at work I was running late but still managed to ignore the GPS when it tried to send me the wrong way. Pulled up to the gate and my IQ dropped about 50 points. Directions said to press the button and await instructions. I pushed the button and nothing happened. Pushed it again. Then saw the big arrow pointing to the button as I had been pushing the camera lens. Alrighty then. 

Followed directions to the parking sopt, then called the number to say I was there. They called back, asked if I was in the lot, was I alone, told me the door to come to. Alrighty then. Walked to the door. I couldn't open the door and couldn't find the button to ring in. I walked to another door. Not the same office. Went back. Pulled on the door again. Nothing. Looked for a button. Nothing. Pulled again, harder this time. Door opened with a bang. Found the button for the next door. Walked in. The guy looked at me like I was an idiot because it had taken so long I'm sure. During the interview he asked what countries I had visited in the last five years - he had a list from when i had filled out a form earlier. I completely blanked, could not remember one place I had gone to.

Well how about the Czech Republic? "Oh, yeah, right. And, um... Germany? And, um... geez I'm blanking..."

The UK? "Yeah! Scotland! And, um......"

Iceland? "Yeah! Iceland!"

When they took my fingerprints my hands were shaking. 

He asked if I had ever been arrested. "Nope!"

You've never been arrested? Ever? In your entire life?

"No! Never! Not yet anyway"  WTF? He seemed pretty shocked I had never been arrested. 

Anyway, I finished the interview and he told me how to get out of the facility. It's right on the Canadian border. Lots of lanes and signs saying things like "No Re-entry to the United States". I followed the directions and got to yet another guardhouse. It's set up for trucks so even though I was in a Jeep she was still a lot higher up than I was. So she's looking down at me asking all these questions, then tells me "When you leave you'll see a bunch of cones. Go to the left of those and turn right, you'll be right on the freeway"

Ok, so there are a bunch of trucksto my left, lined up waiting to cross the border. I pulled forward and promptly kept the cones to my left. Then turned right. And found myself facing the facility to x-ray trucks. God damn it. Harder right was the only other choice, and it led back to the building I had just left. 

I drive around the building again and ended up at the guard tower again. Yeah... she looked at me like I was an idiot. "You didn't go left, did you?"  Ah.. no, I kept to cones to my left. She just shook her head and gave me a thumbs up so I drove away and went to the left of the cones, convinced I was going to end up talking to a Canadian border guard.

But I didn't. I got home ok. So now Homeland security has my prints and probably a note in my file saying I should not be allowed to go anywhere without a guide... Actually the interview was to qualify for a Global Re-entry pass which is supposed to speed up entry into the USA when traveling from abroad. I'm pretty sure they ok'd me thinking there's no way in hell I'll find my way back if I leave anyway. 

Sounds like you aced it, theres no way youre going away to be trained as a threat to national security 😂

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DesmoDog said:

But I didn't. I got home ok. So now Homeland security has my prints and probably a note in my file saying 

"in case of conflict, make sure this guy is working for the opposition"

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Look at this shit......but at least I may get a chance on Sunday!

897679353_Screenshot2021-04-08115135.jpg.664478d7624d08becb41abe3008546ff.jpg

you moved back to Wales ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Privacy Policy