Your Day Today!

Hell NO!! .... You just assumed it....& you know what happens when you assume? You make an ASS outta U & Me!😄

The ONLY dancing I do is on my SKI's!⛷️

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Found some train stuff today for Pete, needed to give my GTR a run down the HighWay after being ignored all summer.  Battle of the Red Heads. Pick you favorite shade of red!   Cant

My day today,  ( i nearly put this in ride reports but thought Pete would have a stroke if I put in a "float" report...) so this was my "ride" for the day.   couldn't see much out on the can

Happy Autumn Everyone! 🍂🙂  My favourite season for sure, but this summer was amazing. I think this photo sums it up perfectly. I’ve fallen in love with motorcycles all over again, been to some beautif

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Tym said:

Beers on me, the govt just gave me my first pension payment today. Officially old and in your face about it...lol

good man 👍

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, YamaHead said:

Hell NO!! .... You just assumed it....& you know what happens when you assume? You make an ASS outta U & Me!😄

The ONLY dancing I do is on my SKI's!⛷️

Good to see you here though Scott!

FB is OK to keep in contact with people you know etc.....but for a specific interest like bikes it just doesn't measure up to a forum.

I was thinking that we've known each other since 2003 back on Alex's forum.......and how much our lives have changed since then.

You wonder how the hell those years went by so quickly!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, YamaHead said:

Beautiful day here in Elgin.....after yet another bout of the white stuff last night....🙄

The view from my backyard....😎

Feb21 022.jpg

is the leasure centre still there we built the swimming pool there twenty odd years ago 

Just now, skyrider said:

is the leasure centre still there we built the swimming pool there twenty odd years ago 

star trek facepalm GIF

1 hour ago, YamaHead said:

Beautiful day here in Elgin.....after yet another bout of the white stuff last night....🙄

The view from my backyard....😎

Feb21 022.jpg

Named after our infamous Lord Elgin???

Are you still CADing?

6 hours ago, yen_powell said:

Named after our infamous Lord Elgin???

Are you still CADing?

I heard it was named after a ship back east somewhere....🤔

I am.....working on a permit set of dwg's for the construction company that re-roofed my house when I moved in.

They're doing an office upgrade....which I've got a fair amount of experience with...😉

• Like 2
6 hours ago, XTreme said:

Good to see you here though Scott!

FB is OK to keep in contact with people you know etc.....but for a specific interest like bikes it just doesn't measure up to a forum.

I was thinking that we've known each other since 2003 back on Alex's forum.......and how much our lives have changed since then.

You wonder how the hell those years went by so quickly!

I was thinking the exact same thing today!👍🏼

• Like 1
6 hours ago, skyrider said:

Yes sir....it is. I take my dog for walks to there all the time....about a 1/4 mile away.

• Like 1

Well took bike for test so now have a bike back on the road, will take the other one next week, got to get ready for when we get released.👍👍

• Like 4
8 hours ago, YamaHead said:

I am.....working on a permit set of dwg's for the construction company that re-roofed my house when I moved in.

They're doing an office upgrade....which I've got a fair amount of experience with...😉

I did a bit of googling and Elgin is also a tune as well apparently, played by scottish settlers in USA who love to be homesick, it's their main hobby whilst avoiding going to Scotland.

We've got our CAD licence renewals due on the 19th March. I refused to do them this year after sorting it out for the last 17 years, plus lots of extra finance hoops to jump through and I was told to forward all details on to others to sort, this was back in October. Guess what my first phone call was this morning, mass panic because no one has done it. My boss is in a lather because no work will get done by everyone who is currently sitting at home with CAD on their new laptops. I'm alright, still got a perpetual licence on my home PC which is what I use most of the time anyway as it runs better than the bloody laptop 2021 version.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, YamaHead said:

I've googled that now. The ship was named after Lord Elgin's wife. Lord Elgin was the bloke who, apart being governor of Canada and destroying large parts of Peking to shame the emperor, nabbed the Elgin Marbles which the whole world wants given back to Greece and which the British Museum are hanging on to at all costs. 

• Like 4
6 hours ago, yen_powell said:

We've got our CAD licence renewals due on the 19th March. I refused to do them this year after sorting it out for the last 17 years, plus lots of extra finance hoops to jump through and I was told to forward all details on to others to sort, this was back in October. Guess what my first phone call was this morning, mass panic because no one has done it. My boss is in a lather because no work will get done by everyone who is currently sitting at home with CAD on their new laptops. I'm alright, still got a perpetual licence on my home PC which is what I use most of the time anyway as it runs better than the bloody laptop 2021 version.

Man, I sure don't miss that aspect of drafting in someone else's office..... I've got 2 bootleg'd versions of AutoCad on my dinosaur of a PC machine......amazingly it just keeps working. Smartest thing I did was isolate that machine...NO internet, Drawing & storage only.

• Like 2

Working all day again to get a new site done.......not much left now.

Want to try and have a clear weekend if I can!

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Working all day again to get a new site done.......not much left now.

Want to try and have a clear weekend if I can!

Hopefully the weather will be good so you can get a ride in.👍

I was alone at work today, which is always good,  I'm also doing all the woodwork which is what I was originally trained for and I enjoy so I managed to make and fit 2 panels to replace some rotten parts of a hull liner in one boat and then remove, dismantle,  sand back to bare wood, remount and refit one of the two entrance doors to our oldest boat.  The one bonus of the current situation is that we're not having to rush and start the season so we've actually got the time to do stuff properly and catch up stuff I've wanted to do for years. 

• Like 5
28 minutes ago, Clive said:

Yeh, very little improvement, the gal spent ages programming the 2 of them, can hear the clock tick, but speech reception is not good at all, just sounds like mmmmumblemmmmmmuble.😕

Don’t really need to hear the clock and time ticking away at our time of life though do we @Clive.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, YamaHead said:

Smartest thing I did was isolate that machine...

No.....the smartest thing you did was get rid of that fucking stupid mullet Scott! :classic_laugh:

billy ray cyrus mullet GIF by CMT

I've just been invited to address a conference of academics, politicians and the like in the role of "an expert". Their words, not mine.

Proof (if any more were needed) that the world is going to hell in a handcart and supposedly intelligent people make the stupidest decisions. Still, they'll only make this mistake the once.

The single thing I would consider myself an expert in is being drunk and lazy. In fact my final performance review when I had a real job said pretty much that.

• Haha 3
On 25/02/2021 at 09:53, boboneleg said:

Today is a school day for me ............ :classic_wacko:

It's all fun and games until someone reports you to the police and you're asked to leave the premises having been slapped with a 5km exclusion order.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3