Your Day Today!

Something going on in your life that wouldn't warrant a new thread? Then post your updates in here and we'll keep this thread running!

Here in Spain it appears that the Govt plan to extend the Lockdown to May 10th.......but they may let kids go out at the end of next week! WTF logic is that?

Then, in principle, a gradual deescalation after May 10th. Unless of course the figures take a U turn after letting kids out.

Doesn't make any sense to me......but does anything these days?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Found some train stuff today for Pete, needed to give my GTR a run down the HighWay after being ignored all summer.  Battle of the Red Heads. Pick you favorite shade of red!   Cant

Bit cold on the way to work this morning, but very sunny. I went via this pillbox, one of the Stop Lines put in to slow the Germans down if they invaded during WW2. The fields are littered with them h

A great way to spend a Wednesday afternoon. The sun came out and the roads were quiet. 🌞  

Posted Images

Hoping to get out in the garden and work on one of the dominators. Rain stopped play yesterday. Be a walk out with Mandi at some point for our daily exercise.
Took me 2 hours to defrost a fridge, gave it a clean and it looks like a new one now.

4 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Hoping to get out in the garden and work on one of the dominators. Rain stopped play yesterday. Be a walk out with Mandi at some point for our daily exercise.
Took me 2 hours to defrost a fridge, gave it a clean and it looks like a new one now.

What is this daily exercise thing that I see others talking about? Sounds weird to me!

Do you go out in the street and do press ups or something?

I took the dog out and he had a nice poo. Rest of the day is going to be me watching stuff on youtube and doing more or less nothing. May do a little exercise in the afternoon, but just a little as I get bored of it at home.

56 minutes ago, XTreme said:

What is this daily exercise thing that I see others talking about? Sounds weird to me!

Do you go out in the street and do press ups or something?

Mandis on some funky drugs so is on the at risk list. She works from home which is good but sits on her backside infront of a couple of monitors.
So we get out for a walk almost every day, guide line's a hour but we stretch that a bit. I also get out on my bicycle to give me a bit of a work out as keeping up with Mandis pace walking doesn't"t exactly push me.

• Like 2

Yep the same for me here in Spain with the lock down looking like it’s going to be extended to the 10th of May. I can understand letting the kids out for some exercise but not on supervised as that is going to be chaos. As much as I want to go out on my bike I think I can cope for a few more weeks. Or maybe not!

I will be pressure testing gearboxes today. One thing that I will say about lockdown. I have never heard the forest we live in come to life the way it has before. With no dog walkers coming to let their dogs shit in the woods the birds have really come to life and with the onset of spring are singing their little hearts out from dawn to dusk. It's actually quite wonderful. @Specs would be in his element.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Yep the same for me here in Spain with the lock down looking like it’s going to be extended to the 10th of May. I can understand letting the kids out for some exercise but not on supervised as that is going to be chaos. As much as I want to go out on my bike I think I can cope for a few more weeks. Or maybe not!

We've only had one confirmed case weeks ago in the whole region cos we've very remote.

So it's frustrating really......by all means lock down Madrid and the big cities......but they should ease up for places like this!

22 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

I will be pressure testing gearboxes today. One thing that I will say about lockdown. I have never heard the forest we live in come to life the way it has before. With no dog walkers coming to let their dogs shit in the woods the birds have really come to life and with the onset of spring are singing their little hearts out from dawn to dusk. It's actually quite wonderful. @Specs would be in his element.

Same in the garden here. Loads more of the regular stuff but nothing else. May your seals seal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tinkering with the bike earlier and realised that I have no chain lube as I gave away the last lot when the KTM went. Amazon to the rescue. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Specs said:

Tinkering with the bike earlier and realised that I have no chain lube as I gave away the last lot when the KTM went. Amazon to the rescue. 

For the Beemer?

1 minute ago, Specs said:

Bollix. This should have been in the bikes bit. fun wtf GIF by Mauro Gatti

Just post it in there as well Alan......the more posts the better at this stage!

9 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Didn't know you had one!

Neither does Alan he bought it just in time to lock it in garage for months LOL no wonder he's grumpy 
Buying the CCM = Corona.Corvid,Madness that's what started all this its his fault 😂 🤣

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Neither does Alan he bought it just in time to lock it in garage for months LOL no wonder he's grumpy 
Buying the CCM = Corona.Corvid,Madness that's what started all this its his fault 😂 🤣

When did anybody from Cardiff ever think logically Fred? :classic_laugh: